Donald Trump’s presidential campaign plans to bring a one-time mistress of former President Bill Clinton to his showdown Monday night against Hillary Clinton at the first 2016 presidential debate.
And you thought U.S. politics had hit its lowest point when Trump alluded to his penis size during the GOP primary debates.
An assistant for Gennifer Flowers, a former model who had an extramarital affair with Bill Clinton in the 1980s, told BuzzNews Saturday that she would attend the debate at Trump’s invitation and sit in the front row. Trump tweeted Saturday she would be there if billionaire Mark Cuban, who has criticized the GOP nominee in recent months on Twitter, also attended.
“If dopey Mark Cuban of failed Benefactor fame wants to sit in the front row, perhaps I will put Jennifer Flowers right alongside of him!” Trump tweeted Saturday afternoon.
The spelling error didn’t seem to bother Flowers. “Ms. Flowers has agreed to join Donald at the debate,” Judy Stell, her personal assistant, told BuzzFeed News.
Here’s what you need to know about Flowers ahead of Monday’s drama:
1. Bill Clinton confirmed while testifying under oath in 1998 that he and Flowers had a sexual affair during his marriage to Hillary Clinton.
2. Flowers favors Trump over Hillary Clinton. “Hi Donald. You know I’m in your corner and will definitely be at the debate!” she tweeted Saturday.
3. Bill Clinton lied about his relationship with Flowers during the 1992 Democratic presidential primaries on CBS’ “60 Minutes.”
4. Flowers, a former Arkansas state employee, has said she had a 12-year sexual relationship with Bill Clinton while he was her boss. He was governor of Arkansas at the time.
5. Flowers claims Hillary Clinton was an “enabler” when it came to Bill Clinton having an affair.
6. She has called Bill Clinton the love of her life.
7. During Bill Clinton’s White House administration, she became known as “America’s most famous mistress.”
8. She wrote a book called, “Men are like Pantyhose: Some Fit in the Crotch And Some Don’t!”
9. She doesn’t think much of Hillary Clinton’s accomplishments. “Hillary never put up a shingle and worked for her clients and built her clientele. She always got things on the back of her husband. … I think it’s a joke that she would run on women’s issues,” she has said.
10. She is a former cabaret singer.