London Bridge attack: Terror incident leaves up to seven feared dead after van ploughs into pedestrians

A GANG of five terrorists drove a B&Q van into pedestrians at 50mph on London Bridge before attacking revellers with hunting knives.

Up to seven people were feared dead and 20 hurt in the 10pm attack – amid a second incident at nearby Borough Market which armed police are responding to.

Staff at a packed pub in London Bridge locked the doors as the gang tried to smash their way in. Witnesses saw one man stabbed in the chest five times.

The gang had metal canisters strapped to their chests and two were gunned down – believe killed – by armed police, witnesses said. Another three were thought to be still on the run last night.

One bystander is believed to have been shot in the head by crossfire.

The Metropolitan Police have confirmed a third incident in the Vauxhall area, in which a suspect has been pictured being arrested, after tweeting “you must run, hide and tell.”

Fifty armed police have stormed Monument station with police dogs and have told people to run. The travel hub along with nearby Bank station, both across the river from London Bridge, have been closed.

Several gun shots have been fired amid the ensuing chaos.

A Sun journalist at the scene in London Bridge tweeted that he saw one man being led away by police in cuffs.

The white van which reportedly crashed into pedestrians was said to be travelling at around 50mph.

A cab driver told The Sun that he was stuck at traffic lights when he saw a transit van smash into London Bridge.

He heard gunshots and says a police was hurt.

In the Wheatsheaf pub in Borough Market, three  men with big hunting knives smashed the glass windows to target drinkers.

One reveller was stabbed five times, while it is believed another took a bullet to the head.

A 40-year-old witness told The Sun: “I was in the Wheatsheaf pub. The doors were locked by the bar staff. Three men with big hunting knives were outside.

“They were trying to get in  the pub but the doors were locked. They were smashing the windows.

“I saw at least one man stabbed in the chest about five times.

“Armed police turned up, I saw them shoot at least two of the guys in front of me.

“They had four to five silver canisters attached to themselves and police just opened fire.

“They fired at least 20 times. One of the guys in the pub took a bullet in the head. I think he’s dead.”

There was another casualty in the Thames, according to a source.

In Trend Today Source